95% of all Americans now have a smart phone of some kind. 29% of them have tried downloading and listening to podcasts at one point in time. That’s millions who have been exposed to podcasts during a period they are seeking to learn something.
These statistics alone will show you the vast potential that can be found with the podcasting medium. As an online marketer, you’ll be able to reach a lot of people with downloadable podcasts. Not only this, but podcasting offers a slew of benefits that can only gain momentum as you build your podcasting library.
Reasons The Podcast Is Still Great!
- People respond more to what they could hear rather than what they simply read.
- Podcasts offer a more exciting experience compared to conventional written works.
- Podcasts will attract prospects that you will normally fail to tap.
- Podcasts offer you more leeway in delivering your business message.
- Podcasts allow “you to be you” and provide a flavor of who you are.
- Podcasts would give your business an instant boost in credibility, as people will get to listen to a real voice instead of having to read mere words.
The problem that many Internet marketers face when it comes to the prospect of creating podcasts is the seeming difficulty associated with their preparation. This is borne from simple unfamiliarity, however. The fact is, anyone – yes, ANYONE – can create their own podcasts without having to avail of special software programs for the same.
Just follow the podcasting steps below:
- Choose a subject.
- Choose an engaging aspect of that subject, one which your target market would be interested to know about.
- Prepare an outline detailing the important points you wish to discuss about the said subject.
- Do some research, if necessary.
- Prepare index cards which should contain some summaries of your points. You will refer to these to ensure uninterrupted recording that would streamline the process.
- Attach a microphone to your computer or smartphone. This is the only hardware you will need, aside from the PC or phone itself, of course.
- Set up a sound recording program. You can use almost any one. Just search for “Sound Recording Program for Podcasts”.
- Begin recording.
- Once you have finished your podcast, review it using a Media Player.
- Enhance your podcast with the free tools that can be found online.
- If everything sounds well, convert your file into .mp3 format.
- You can distribute your podcast on your website as a blog post.
- Include your podcast link in website repositories (Search podcast distribution).
Just like that, you could have your own podcast ready to be downloaded. You would want to limit the length of your podcasts to 10 minutes per episode, however, so that the file size can be kept at a minimum. Additionally, you would want to serialize your podcasts into installments to capture the continuous interests of your listeners. They will then become your leads for marketing purposes.
You could create podcasts for any topic you want. There is no limit, and each subject should command a healthy audience if the podcast is marketed correctly. Submitting the same to podcast directory websites would be a start, but try to look for more avenues where you could promote your podcasts and you’re bound to reach more people in the process.
Afterwards, you could sit back, relax, enjoy all the benefits that podcasting can offer, and realize that yes, indeed, podcasting is as easy as 1-2-3.